1. Your first book is How to Heal Yourself When No One Else Can, and your new book is How to Heal Yourself from Anxiety When No One Else Can. What inspired you to write these books?
My own experience suffering from various conditions without any solutions was what really inspired me. I was so drained from running all over from practitioner to practitioner, and I was broke from spending so much money on my health. I really wanted to get to the root of what was causing my health challenges. When I figured out how to use energy therapy to heal to my core, I knew I had to share it with others. Over time, so many people saw success that I wanted to write a book to teach my techniques. They should be accessible to everyone who is struggling.
2. Do you suffer from anxiety yourself?
I used to suffer from anxiety but I don't anymore. I did a lot of work to uncover the emotions and beliefs that were causing it, and I released it all. Phew. From time to time if I feel anxious, I now have the tools (my process that I share in How to Heal Yourself from Anxiety When No One Else Can) to figure out what's creating that feeling—and clear it from my body.
3. How are the techniques in How to Heal Yourself from Anxiety When No One Else Can different from other anti-anxiety techniques?
None of my techniques require a lot of focus. That was something I had a hard time with in other books or methods. I was often so anxious that I couldn't sit quietly to perform techniques that took a lot of attention. All of my techniques can be done just a couple of minutes at a time but really make a big impact. And you don't need any tools or another person to help you. My techniques are really simple. I even teach them to kids!
4. Do you need to have any previous knowledge of energy work or Emotional Freedom Techniques to use the techniques in the book?
You don't need any previous knowledge! You can open the book and start using the techniques to feel better right away.
5. Is the book meant to be used in conjunction with other anxiolytic practices, such as medication or therapy?
You can definitely use the book in conjunction with whatever you are doing already (medication, therapy, etc.). My approach complements traditional therapies for anxiety. However, I have a lot of clients who aren't able to take medication because of side effects, can't always attend therapy because of cost, and so on. With a doctor's approval, many people in that situation do great with just my techniques alone.
6. What do you hope readers will take away from How to Heal Yourself When No One Else Can?
I hope that they'll take away the essential message: You Can Heal. And I know they'll take away the techniques to do that.